Sunday, June 17, 2007

Poem-- Life, A Dream

The life that we lead on this earth is just a dream that we are living subconsciously. The aforesaid line is the underlying principle on which the entire cosmic dream rests. We live through the dream and we dream on of great achievements, materialistic pleasures, sense indulgements and more. These all contribute to our karma and result in the never ending cycle of death and rebirth. Total emancipation of the soul from this recurrent and inescapable law is what the devotee aspires. Therefore the end comes not at his own death but at the death of the dream that he lives throughout his journey...

Life A Dream
_______________________________________________

In the dream of the dreams,
Life is but a dream,
Death is the cream,
Yet all enjoy the dream.

The Years fall back, as time passes,
in the deepest of slumbers I lie,
in my sleep I take on a thousand faces
oh this dream wont end, till the day I die.

And in the dreams I dream evermore,
stopping not but to glance at the golden shores,
Death for me is naught but a reprieve,
as i hasten to fulfill my dreams of yore.

The dreams come true, my joy knows no bounds,
as I crave for more never taking a look around.
Death came and struck me by,
it was then i knew, I had miles to fly

The dreams though fulfilled, don’t stem the tide,
futile proved those, who were by my side,
in the chaos of sleep, my peace was taken,
it was time, I said, I must awaken

The years fall back evermore
but, sleep comes to me seldom now,
ever call me the golden shores,
lo,behold, I dream no more.

For, at the death of the dream,
the soul, in life, finally realizes its cream,
fluid and sublime, it moves through time,
as it finally merges in the endless rhyme.

------------------------------

Ajinkya Mate

No comments: